Do you know that our brain processes images faster than text? That is the reason you find images all over your social media feeds. Get a glimpse of it by visiting your social accounts; be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and so on. You found more of visual content is it? It is also said that “a picture is worth a thousand words” This directly shows how important is visual content when it comes to digital marketing. If your business is lagging in projecting visual content, buckle up it’s never late.
Why a business should consider visual content in their marketing strategy?
- Researchers found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images
- 39% of marketers believe that more of their budget should be allocated to the acquisition or creation of compelling visual assets
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers
- Eye-tracking studies show internet readers pay close attention to information-carrying images. In fact, when the images are relevant, readers spend more time looking at the images than they do reading text on the page
- Infographics are Liked and shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content
- Visual content is more than 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content
- 71% of online marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images
- Source: Hubspot
How do they benefit your business?
Visuals doesn’t mean only images, Visual content can be videos, infographics, gifs, and many other. Visuals benefit in many ways. Firstly, it grabs users/audience attention in fraction of seconds; by this your brand reach increases enormously.
Every business goal is to reach maximum and show up their content to as many customers as possible. Secondly, when we find some interesting image on Facebook feed what do we do? We either react to it or share it so that our friends also notice it. Which states that visual content is highly shareable. When interesting stuff is shared people reshare it, talk about it and create buzz around social media; which counts in your branding.
What kind of visual content you should focus on?
Every business has their particular set of targeted audience and each set of audiences react differently. So, initially you need to research on what you want to create visual content and for what your audience will connect and react. If your business is product based, products can be shared in high-definition images or in videos.
If your business is service based, highlight your services and assets in form of images. Whatever your brand is about, present your content in visuals. Visuals should be of great quality, simple and effective content, with connectivity and that are shareable. You can also share visuals that has other contents like quotes, interesting facts, entertaining topics that holds onto your audience.
Where should you post your visual content?
Social Media where else? Social Media platforms give great leverage to business owners to share their content on their official business pages or accounts and also promote. Make sure that whatever promotional image/video you share should directly or indirectly benefit your business.
But, you shouldn’t speak about business all the time, remember most of social media users come to entertain themselves and connect to the world; so always follow 80/20 rule in your marketing strategy.
Visual content can also be shared through your business emails, on official business website, presentations and other potentials areas. Remember, it’s all about connecting with your targeted audiences and holding onto them.
So, you got to know how important is visual content for digital marketing. Hurry up, create interesting visuals and share it with rest of the world.